Trek Untold Episode 72: Brian Volk-Weiss, Producer of “The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek” docu-series
Brian Volk-Weiss has been a Trekkie for as far back as he can remember, and his love of the franchise is reflected in nearly every aspect of his life. Brian is the founder and CEO of The Nacelle Company, a production company known for comedy specials, “The Toys that Made Us” and “The Movies That Made Us” on Netflix, “Inside the Attraction” on Disney Plus, “Down to Earth with Zac Efron,” “Discontinued,” and “A Toy Store near You” on Amazon Prime. He is also the producer behind the new History Channel series, “The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek.”
This 10 episode series premieres on November 5 at 10 PM EST and has an in-depth look at the entire story of Star Trek with some never-before-told stories. I spoke with Brian on this week's episode to learn where his love of Star Trek began, how this docu-series came together, what it was like filming this during the pandemic, and some of the surprising new Trek tales he learned that would be part of this new show.
Also included in this episode is a condensed version of the Nacelle Company's NYCC 2021 panel, where they talk some more about “The Center Seat” and their other shows and some new business ventures, including books and the debut of their toy lines!
- Inside NY Comic Con During COVID-19: https://youtu.be/kQSxXhjBV78
- Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Call Me When It's Over: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/
- Black is the New Black: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- The Variant Issue: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- The Funkohub POPcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/funkohub-popcast/