Trek Untold Episode 67: Max Cervantes, Prop Maker on Star Trek DS9, VOY, ENT & Films
Max Cervantes, Prop Maker on Star Trek DS9, VOY, ENT & Films
It's always a happy day on Trek Untold when we chat with a lifelong Trekkie who was able to make their dreams come true. Max Cervantes was a diehard Star Trek fan from day one of the series, building AMT ERTL Enterprise models and building his own phaser hand prop with items he found around his house. Years later, he finds himself working with Michael Moore and Rick Sternbach, making props and models for Star Trek DS9, VOY, ENT, and a few of the TNG Films.
Max discusses seeing the original set of Logan's Run, which put him on the path to professional prop-making, working on “Real Genius,” “The Stuff,” and a story about how the slime went horribly wrong one day, tales of bodybuilder Sven-Ole Thorsen while on “Captain Power,” working on theme park attractions like the San Rio park in Tokyo, and more.
Then it's time for Trek talk, which includes prop stories from DS9s “The Visitor,” “In the hands of the prophets,” phaser rifles in First Contact, the hidden origin of props like “The Wrath of Khan” communicator, and up-close looks at some of the props in Max's collections including weapons from the Klingons, Cardassian and the Jem'hadar, Captain Proton's gun from “Star Trek: Voyager,” and some secrets about the Orbs of the Prophets, the Move Along Home game, the Borg, ketracel white tubes, the Sword of Kahless, and gold-pressed latinum that you may have never heard before!
Check out the Max EFX Podcast here – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-max-efx-podcast-an-insider-look-at-the/id1524527122
Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Call Me When It’s Over: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/
- The Variant Issue: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Trek Untold: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/trek-untold/
- Funkohub POPcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/funkohub-popcast/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/