Trek Untold Episode 15: Scott Hensey on Sculpting 90’s “Star Trek” Figures
One of the main reasons I became such a big Star Trek lover was because of the action figures, and I had the pleasure of talking to one of the people whose hands were responsible for making those toys.
Scott Hensey began working on the Playmates Star Trek series on day one, sculpting the first wave of figures in 1992, and remained crafting them until the end of the line. Scott explains the ins and outs of making Trek toys as well as other properties he worked on, and answers fan-submitted questions like why the figures were posed oddly, why Riker’s shirt was torn up, which figures he always wanted to make but never could, and much more.
Plus, what happened when WWF wrestlers got their hands on his LJN prototypes, what Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones said about their “Men In Black” figures, and stories about working on TMNT, Toxic Crusaders, Earthworm Jim, Skeleton Warriors, The Coneheads, and other toy lines
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
If you want to see more of Scott's work or buy some pieces, follow his Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/scottthensey/
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Call Me When It’s Over: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- The Variant Issue: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/