Trek Untold-Episode 100: Nana Visitor on Being Kira Nerys and Beyond
It's time to celebrate the 100th episode of Trek Untold, and we can't hit a milestone like that without having a great guest deserving of this number. Joining the show is Nana Visitor, AKA Kira Nerys from all seven seasons of Star Trek DS9!
We discuss her upcoming book and documentary “A Woman's Trek,” and how the role of women has changed on-screen and socially, and the early days of being Kira Nerys with the struggles she faced in life while simultaneously working on a TV series. Nana explains the hardships she went through as an actor portraying a trauma survivor in Kira and what she did to understand this Bajoran resistance soldier, and her journey as an actor through seven seasons to come to terms with who she was as a character, and how she related to her in real life.
We break down the physicality and anxiety of becoming Kira and the indelible mark it left on Nana, discuss some difficult episodes of DS9, including “Duet” with Harris Yulin and “Ties of Blood and Water” with Lawrence Pressman, performing with Marc Alaimo and Louise Fletcher as her respective arch-rivals Gul Dukat and Kai Winn, fond memories of Rene Auberjonois and the romance between Odo and Kira, and lastly, we ask the question – is “Move Along Home” really the worst episode of DS9?
Plus, memories of working with Angela Lansbury in the touring production of “Gypsy,” Richard Dean Anderson on two episodes of “MacGyver,” Star Trek action figure stories, the obscure “Working Girl” TV show Nana performed in that also starred Sandra Bullock, and more!
- Visit https://www.drivebydogooders.org/ to donate to the cause, and if you donate $35 or more, Lycia will send you an autographed picture. In the comments section where you donate, include your name and address and what pic you would like, and Lycia will send it on your way!
- Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Support Trek Untold by checking out our merchandise at https://teespring.com/stores/trekuntold or become a Patreon at Patreon.com/TrekUntold.
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Black is the New Black: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- Trek Untold: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/trek-untold/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- GamiFi Everything: Beyond The Metaverse: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/gamifi-everything-beyond-the-metaverse/
- Slaying For Me: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/slaying-for-me/